| INSTITUTET FÖR RYMDFYSIK
| Swedish Institute of Space Physics
|| (59°50.272′N, 17°38.786′E)
Nordic Cluster Meeting 2011
The Nordic Cluster Meeting will take place August 24 - 25 in Uppsala.
The meeting is planned with particular focus on EFW results, however is open to all Cluster contributions. We plan for both presentations and work in splinters on different topics. There is also space for posters in the room where we will have the workshop. We particularly encourage participation of master students, PhD students and postdocs. For those who participate in the much bigger Cluster 21th workshop in Brugge, this can be a good opportunity to discuss the science that you plan to present there.
Information for visitors
The workshop takes place in the Beurling room (Arne Beurling was mathematician) located on the ground floor of the Ångströmlaboratoriet of the Uppsala University.
Posters are located in the Beurling room where we have presentations and the afternoon coffee.
Wednesday 24 August 2011
Location: Beurling room
Thrusday 25 August 2011
- 09:00-10.00: Coffee at the IRF Uppsala, house 8, floor 3.
- 10.00-10.10: (Beurling room) Introduction
- 10.10-10.30: Anders Eriksson (IRF, Uppsala) EFW instrument operations
- 10.30-10.50: Stein Haaland (University of Bergen). Circulation and loss of cold plasma of ionospheric origin
- 10.50-11.10: Hans Nilsson (IRF, Kiruna). Ion heating and outflow observed with Cluster
- 11.15-12.30: Splinters
- Soheil Sadeghi (KTH), Characteristic Features of the Auroral Acceleration Region as Observed by Cluster
- Henrik Wiberg (IRF, Uppsala), Radio wave emissions from reconnection sites
- Rikard Slapak (IRF, Kiruna), O+ in the magnetosheath associated with southward IMF_z: a case study
- 12.30-13.30: Lunch
- 13.30-13.50: Bjørn Lybekk (University of Oslo). Electron densities from Cluster spacecraft potentials (method and data base)
- 13.50-14.10: Anders Eriksson (IRF, Uppsala). Cluster photoemission
- 14.10-14.30: Maria Hamrin (Umeå, Institutionen för Fysik). Cluster observations of energy conversion regions in the Plasma sheet.
- 14.30-15.30: Coffee and posters
- 15.30-17.00: Splinters
- 17.00-17.30: The day summary. Discussion.
- 18.30 : Workshop dinner (town).
Location: Beurling room
Suggestion for social programme (each night at 20:30): http://uppsala-kronikespel.org
List of registered participants